The 5 to 10 on Hennepin project will reimagine a five-block stretch of Hennepin Avenue between 5th and 10th streets as a vibrant destination for everyone to enjoy.
Southwest Airlines’ Heart of the Community program awarded the Trust with a $200,000 grant to bring the 5 to 10 on Hennepin project to life. PPS, a nonprofit pioneer in the global placemaking movement, will provide technical assistance.
Each week on Thursdays we will activate one city block between 5th and 10th streets along Hennepin Avenue from 5pm to 10pm by filling the sidewalks, surface parking lots, while partnering with business and property owners to provide:
- An artist and makers market with up to 30 vendors per week
- “Community Collaboration”
- A mobile sound and light stage with three live performances each evening
- Street performers and buskers
- A coached basketball court
- A ping pong table
- Table games (chess, giant Jenga, giant Connect Four)
- Food and drink
- Temporary tables and chairs